Help me buy a used Jetta quick! (Motor/iPod/CD questions)
I need to get a different car soon, and like my friend's Jetta, but don't know much about them. I'm looking to buy a recent model, maybe certified. I have some questions after browsing the VWUSA site and filtering the certified models for sale. All help is highly appreciated!
1) Motor: seems like almost everything is the 5-cylinder, BUT I did see one 2.0 turbo. Seems like the 2.0 turbo would be much better, why is it so rare? Only offered a certain year? Or certain special model? (P.S. I do NOT want a stick shift, if it came like that).
2) iPod: how can I connect? This is very important to me. I saw maybe only recent radios have an aux input? But maybe an aftermarket unit is available to use a CD changer port?
2b) And for these various solutions, can you actually browse artists, or just pre-made playlists?
3) Likewise, why are CD players so rare? Cassette was standard?
4) From when was Bluetooth available?
5) Seating: leather seems very rare, is it generally then cloth, or textured vinyl? (Which seems to last forever in my buddy's A4)
5b) Heated seats also rare-was that a standalone option? Or in some rare package?
5c) Split-fold seats standard? Optional?