Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to this and new to the audi world. i just recently bought a 98 audi a6 2.8. i am looking to change a few things one i want to put xenon headlamps on it, i have been looking and found out that 98-99 a6 headlamps and the allroad headlamps fit into my car.. is this true? what year allroad lights will fit? dose anyone know where else i can puchase them for a good price other than ebay? also i want to change the passenger side rear view mirror i want to get rid of the small mirror. i have been told that mid year 2000 audi changed that. is that true? Has anyone changed this can i use newer mirrors? let me know thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hate to get your hops up for a reply, shure, but I too want the same thing.
I've got the same, '98 a6 2.8, and would love to get xenon lights for it. Not sure where to start on that though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
knowing that you have halogens on your 98 a6 they are H1 low beam bulbs, i use to have the halogen headlights in my 99 a6 and i bought the newer headlights from a 04 a6 with bi/xenon and i had 55 watts in the halogen headlights and there incredibly bright and illuminate everything on the road, now i have a 55watt kit in my new headlights as well and there even better. i flood out everyones headlights and never have to use brights anymore since the cut off is at perfect level where it doesnt blind anyone but its high enough where i can see everything on the side of the roads. but im gunna highly suggest a 55 watt kit from DDMtuning HID Xenon Kits, HID Bulbs, HID Accessories you will be the most pleased with these. dont just got 35 watt go 55 watt.. and there perfect cause thats what your halogens are right now and youll get about 6 times the light from the same wattage you have now. a 55 watt kit in H1s with ground shipping is about 90 bucks and they have a lifetime warrenty ive had em for 2 years now and theyve never had problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts