Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I try short of towing it to my local Audi/Porsche dealer for $100 an hour labor. If nobody can at least point me in a general direction for what to try I am going to junk the car. I love this Audi 90, it's been reliable up to 213k miles. Serviced regularly. One thing was it was rear ended lightly a month back. Ran fine after it, but then it died and just won't start, left me stranded. I have checked the spark(good), fuel pump(appears to be sending fuel return), aircleaner for blockage, etc. The fuel isn't exiting the fuel distributor. Has anybody encountered a similiar problem? Many thanx to anyone and all responses.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Man, I can't say for sure but many cars have a safety feature that disables the fule pump in a rear hit. Maybe it just took some time for yours to show up. I dunno but I'd take a close look at the fule delivery system.
Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
just an idea but the bump might have loosened some sediment in you petrol tank passed through the fuel filter into the fuel metering head. so i would change the fuel filter and then clean the metering head. and run some injection cleaner through the system. good luck,thejohn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check that, seems like a distinct possibility. Seems strange though that the fuel makes it to the metering head and then makes a return back to the tank. I have'nt taken off the fuel injector rail yet, my mechanic skills are pretty rudimentary. That's why I was hoping to find some easier things to check first and rule out. Thanks for the replies thus far. Charles

·
Registered
16 Posts
be awar the auxilary fuel pump is on the right hand side by the tank that may have failed, this pump is electrical and its for the cold start valve, and or you may want to check the mechanical fuel pump in the right front engine compartment, its attached to the air box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts