Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there,

I've had my Supercharged 'Sport now since last september and covered 26,000 miles in it so far. It's great to drive, fast, smooth and so far, reliable.

However, taking it off road has resulted in two sets of trashed alloys, I also have a creaking rear tailgate and the general attitude of Landrover is that once you've sailed past 12K, you can kiss your warranty goodbye. Having owned a number of BMWs and Audis, I know how god their build quality is, I also know how good the warranty is, especially BMW.

So, I find myself at a crossroads with a few questions that perhaps you guys can answer::confused:

1. What's the Q7 like to drive in a 3.0D Sport spec?
2. What real world mpg can you get?
3. Has anyone taken theirs off road? If so, how did it cope?
4. Whats Audi warranty like these days? Are they customer focussed?
Are there any things that I should know about with the Q7, good or bad?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I currently drive a Touareg V10 tdi (3 years and 76k mls) and have been driving the opposition lately with a view to changing, so I think I am qualified to offer a few answers.
After the RR you will find the Q7 slow. Its on road manners are generally good, and build quality exceeds that of Land Rover (in my opinion). Also check out the boot, I found this small for such a big car!

Although the Q7 undoubtedly has some off-road ability (not tried by me) it will be very limited by its tyres (as all cars ultimately are), especially in 20" low profile mode, and the lack of a low ratio. Real world mpg touring in the UK?....around 26-30mpg depending on your right foot.
I'm still waiting to try the Q7 V8 Tdi - out autumn 2007, and the 6.0L V12 Tdi out spring 2008.
My wife drives a new Allroad, and Audi customer service and warranty treatment has, in my opinion, been as good if not better than other vehicles in this class.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RRUK,

I am also considering replacing my RR sport supercharged with the Q7 4.2. I have had some isssue with the RR and was looking for a comparable replacement. My options were a used Mercedes CLS 55 AMG or a new Q7. I know there not comparable but the CLS is a rare find. especially in AMG form.

My initial observation is that the Q7 is more luxurious and spacious than the RR, but I would say off road the RR wins. But for those of you driving the Q7, how is its roadhandling and power ? The RR has 390 HP and Q7 has 350 HP. Maybe I will be dissapointed driving the Q7 after the RR, but I think in terms of fit and finish the Q7 exceeds my expectations. Any comments or views are welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts