Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if it's a noticeable performance increase?

Also, which chip brand would be recommended?

Thank you,

·
Registered
195 Posts
GIAC chip is one of the only chips for the V6 motor. Expect 10HP and the cost is $300.

If you have nothing else left to do, then go for a chip. I might try an exhaust first, but that would be closer to $900 for about 15-20HP. Sound would be great though. Stratmosphere sells V6 Milltek SS exhausts.

VB

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do It bill, you will be happy with the result's. I have put a remus on both my car's and the improvement was very noticable, And as VB said it sound's great as well. If you have the cash do them both.
Regard's
Addam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your responses.

The only issue is that I use this car for business - I work in sales.

As a result, it can't have a performance exhaust system (because of the noise).

I just want the car to be faster without changing anything major.

That's why I figured the chip would be the best solution.

Thanks,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks like your only option is the chip. Intakes and exhaust will add some noise. The only thing is a chip and the extra 10hp will not give you that much extra performance. You might not be to tell much difference (5%) although I suspect the chip will change the responsiveness of the car and you will enjoy it more.

Have fun!

VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i have the giac chip done and the reponse of the car is much better. u can deff. tell a difference in power. top end is increased,and u'r limiter is removed w/ up to 7200 rpms. i say go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts