Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PERLEEEZE HELP!!!! My lovely Audi 80 2.8 V6 is lovely but with one major problem - after a long journey it will not restart - it turns over but will not start. It will eventually but only after about 30/40 mins. It feels like a temp thing going on but if i've just come off a motorway wouldn't cool air be beating the front of the car (radiator)??? Please help someone - someone must have experienced the same thing out there!!!

Marc

·
Registered
74 Posts
things to check
air filter blocked
fuel leak
air leak on manifold

are you getting run on after switching ignition off?
is engine getting excessively hot?

maybe low cylinder compression

any engine noise??

have you noticed any drop in engine power?

saying all that i suspect a fuel injection system fault

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your reply - i'll bear all this in mind. I've checked the system and there'sno spark whenever it happens either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
donno if it will help but just updated the problems i was having with stalling and warm starts....

"I ran a some injector cleaner through the engine and took off all the clipped connectors on the engine I could then made sure they were all clipped back securely, havent had any problems since, not saying its fixed but thats about a month and no problems yet...
fingers crossed."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO NOT RESTARTING WHEN WARM!!!!

If you ever get the above problem, the answer is to replace the CRANKSHAFTT POSITION SENSOR. What a relief it was to get to the bottom of this problem!! It was a nightmare!!!! Remember, if your Audi turns over but fails to start when it's warm - that's what it is. There....i've just saved you HOURS of expensive diagnostics. It will manifest itself by first not starting when warm and gradually not start AT ALL. Good luck

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts