Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some new lights from ebay , seems they are not plug and play . the side signals have a 2 prong connecter and my stock is 3 . do you have to modify the wiring . and where do the halo rings get wired to . I have a 97 .picture is stock socket and new socket

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here's my post from a previous halo light question and the relevant web site to read.

VB

+++++

Here's a good place to read about lights.

http://www.lltek.com/light_reserve.htm

The important section for your car is:

The 90% Perfect Alternative

A popular upgrade for the older 1996-1999 A4 was to retrofit a one piece Valeo headlamp, since the headlamp opening was nearly identical pre and post facelift. This retrofit required two adjustments. First the Bosch plug had to be cut off and replaced with a Valeo compatible plug. Second, some minor metal cutting of the inner fender was needed. The fit results are 90% perfect. LLTek has sold, and continues to sell, many headlamps for this type of upgrade and it is a nice upgrade. However, many enthusiasts do not like the idea of cutting their car, tinkering with plugs and less than a perfect fit.

=======
So there you have it. Cutting and buggering around required. Read on further down the page for their two piece upgrades.

VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i just got my angel eyes and they r the same exact connectors that u have. u can do it the clean way and get an adapter, just cut off that connector, wire it to the new one and plug it into u'r signals. or u can just strip the angel eye wires, detatch the signals on u'r car and connect them. u'r parking lights r gonna be the ones running u'r halo rings. hope this helps!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts