Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi got a problem with my 1991 Audi coupe the wipers only work on fast and when you turn them off they just stop dead i.e they don't return to park position.
Does anyone know if it's the switch,relay or motor or if there is any test to find out whats wrong
thanks in advance John

·
Registered
12 Posts
me too

I have this exact same problem. At first though they never worked on intermitant since I had the car, but since I have changed the matrix in the car I had to have all the dash out so now they only work on fast. This is making me think it maybe the relay. please help.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Guys...yup check your relay first. I had the same prob and I replaced the relay and the problem still was ther. sooo....I replaced the colunm switch...yes the whole thing with the signals and hazards and wipers on it and...voila no more problem. Found out it was the electrical contact that had worn down inside the switch itself. Hope this helps both of you. Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
my 1994 coupes rear wiper only works when you press the fog light switch,,i checked with a audi factor and they sell so many switches,so there must be a fault with them,even though i have not changed the switch yet,thats the only thing i can think of

1 - 6 of 6 Posts