Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,

The washers for both the windshield and headlights on my recently acquired 2002 are not functioning.
I've checked the fluid level, turned on headlights as indicated in the owners manual, but no fluid flows from either set of sprayers.
I've also checked fuses for the washer heater, and the washer system and both appear fine. With the engine off I cannot detect the sound of any pumps/motors, so perhaps a relay is bad(?)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just logged on to make the same post..... mine is a 2003. I ran it low (warning light came on), I filled it, it worked 3 times, and now nothing. Checked fuses, level, everything, but no fluid.

Any one have any ideas for us????

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
its been super cold on the east coast these past few days.. its possible that a little excess fluid got stuck and frozen in the hoses. try to let them thaw out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my 2002 A4 3.0. Audi replaced the pump and a fuse and now everything seems fine. Living in the north-east I have to say that in my opinion the audi windshield wippers could use improvement. Like a winter wipper and teflon blades would be a good start.

Martin

Originally posted by Dave K@Dec 20 2004, 06:26 PM
Good Evening,

The washers for both the windshield and headlights on my recently acquired 2002 are not functioning.
I've checked the fluid level, turned on headlights as indicated in the owners manual, but no fluid flows from either set of sprayers.
I've also checked fuses for the washer heater, and the washer system and both appear fine. With the engine off I cannot detect the sound of any pumps/motors, so perhaps a relay is bad(?)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dave
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts