Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have recently purchased an A4 1.9 TDi, the car is great apart from two small problems. First of all there is a musty/damp smell when first switching on the air con, which goes away when it has run for a while. Secondly, and far more annoying is a wind noise that seems to come from somewhere around the area where the tweeter sits in the door trim. It sounds similar to the noise that would occur if a window was slightly open when driving. I have removed door trims, wing mirror and checked all seals without finding any problems or defects, the car has never been involved in any accidents and never had any repairs. Has anybody else come across any of these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Next stop is the main dealer which I was hoping to avoid.

Regards,

Rides

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have a 2005 A4 2.0T Multitronic. Also noticed this annoying wind noise at around 80 Km/h. Audi checked the car but found nothing wrong. Now I also have a 2004 BMW X5 3.0 Diesel. I also noticed the wind noise in that car, which I had not noticed before the Audi ! It then struck me, the BMW has a nice engine tone, especially the Turbo whinning , which made me oblivious of the wind noise. I could hear the wind, if I looked for it , and it was also more noticeable at around 80 km/h. Now in my view the Audi I have has a quieter engine, drawing more attention to the wind noise and that throaty exhaust drone ( Incidentally I find that irritating also). Such a great engine and transmission, pity about the acoustics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also got my 2.0T multitronic in at the end of 2005. Wind noise is poor when the wind is blowing from some directions.
I have Audi looking into the main problem with the car, it is very noisy, rough and boomy at low revs (the multitronic is of course at 1300-1600 rpm when in stop start traffic). This is very annoying and does not sound like a quality car. I think it is the gearbox................however these 2.0T FSI Multitronic are rare here and therefore a comparison cannot be made by the dealer (one is planned for later this month.
The exhaust is a bit noisy too but I suppose this is just sporty.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
if you ran wires through ur firewall of ur car (passenger side) its most likely ur firewall. as for the a.c thats the air filter i think...

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
the air con issue...

get a new pollen filter and (i do this.... do at your risk as i have heard you should really do it) .. spray a light aerosol disinfectant in below the pollen filter (MAKE sure the temp on cold) and let it just pull it through into the car and then replace the filter..

(do at your own risk.. i do it and had no issues)

cheers..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts