Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, over the past few months my A3 has started having some major issues. most of which I think are from abuse ny a previous owner. Firstly the drivers side window has stopped I think its a motor but is there anything I can check first. (fuses are OK)
Next the stereo started playing up. just a small touch of the volume and it is extremely loud then really soft. turning it off and on agan sometimes helps but not for long.
Then today the rear brake lights just stopped working no reason to this all wires and fuses look fine. then without warning after about an hour of driving home. they started working again to make matters worse the CD changer has stopped working. I can eject the CDs but cant listen to them or use the head unit to change CD's or anything like that. I have again checked wiring and fuses but everything looks fine. abd is conected.
PLEASE HELP. Am pulling my hair out as love the car but havent got the money just now to spend too much on it.
thanks for all advise in advance..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I suffer from the same problem with my stereo. Audi HQ germany seem to know of this problem but dont seem to want to do anything about it. A guy from audi uk told me this. As a good will offer they said they would change my head unit
for £100 but i had to give them my old one. Untouched. I think Audi should get of their Arses and do something about this. As for the rest of your probs it sounds like you could have an Earth Fault on the wiring. I hope this helps. keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem with the volume control is well known and well documented. Just do a search on one of the other forums. Audi really should do something about it as it was a design fault. In the UK it can be repaired for about £75 by the company who do the radio warranty repairs for Audi - so offering a £100 exchange is hardly a good will gesture as you'd probably be getting a repaired one anyway - they all develop this fault eventually. You won't get a result from Audi UK, they are just an importer and I suspect that anything that they pay out, as good will or otherwise, eats into their profits. You would be better off writing to Germany where they do have some pride in the vehicles they are building.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Its probably a bit late know but may prove useful for someone else. My passenger side electric window keeps coming to a grindng halt! The problem with mine is that the motor keeps retaining tension. Soon as the garage take the motor off and release the tension (I'm not sure whether the releasing is automatic or you have to doo something) then the motor works again. However I gather that with use its likely to do the same again and will require a new motor.

Cheers, Stokie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I own an A3 1.8 99 model (in Sydney)and I recently had to replace the side driver window regulator after it stopped working. It seems to be a typical Audi A3 weakness.

I haven't had any problems with the stereo as yet, except crackling on AM sometimes.

AAAudi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts