Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im designing a new Audi concept for my fourth final year in Auto design. Im trying to find out;

what makes someone buy an Audi over its competitors?

What do people think of the R8?

What is essential to making a car "Audi"?

Any replies would be most helpful, thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Personally I bought Audi for its quattro design. I was considering the benz c230, bmw 3 series, and infiniti g35. Bmw's are a little pricey for what you get. Benz's recent history is what ruined it for me and the Infiniti didnt have an affordable 4 wheel drive. Audis interior is also unmatched. Audi is by far has the best interior.

If you are designing an audi you definatly have to have the trapezoidal grill followed by the led lights and the quattro design.. Personally I would keep the interior similar to what they already have. By the way I love the R8. Looks like a great car. Dont know if it will compete with the exotics but it will definatly take away from porche and all the m series.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought my Audi for the following reasons, apart from the fact that it is my second Audi Avant which I was very pleased with anyway :-
1) Build quality and styling better than equivalent priced Merc.
2) BMW 3 series now horrible to look at and force you to use run-flat tyres with no spare
3) PD engine very efficient (although not so much so now)
4) Needed an estate though not neccesarily a huge estate and the Avant is the least estate-like estate car to drive
5) Believe VW's now being built down to a price more so than previously
6) Great quality interior feel of Audi
7) Audi's attention to detail in ensuring rattles are kept to a minimum

I think the R8 is better than it needs to be for the price, or alternatively is cheap considering the package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts