Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people have encounted the problem where the paint on the windscreen wiper arms peels off to reveal white/grey metal??

I know this is a common issue with the Audi's here in the UK, however... do "the rest of the world" have this problem also??

Please advise from where ever you are!!

Cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had this issue (corrosion) on the wiper arms and had them replaced by Audi under warranty. Our winters are pretty harsh here so it's a common problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem.But as the car is out of warranty Audi would not change them.So i upgraded my pair of arms and blades for the new B7 A4 aero type.They are a direct replacement for the B6 A4.And not only do they look better they clear the screen better and are silent.But they did cost me £67 but well worth it.
Part numbers for anyone interested are:-

A4B2 955 425 B x2 For the blades

A8E2 955 407 C x1 arm
A8E2 955 408 C x1 arm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you buy the replacements?? As there are no specific audi dealers where I am and so i may need to buy off the internet.

Thanks

Adam.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
:beer: some black electrical tap ez fix

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have opt'ed for the black electric tape for the moment!! (i thought it was only me that thought of that one, it been on about 2 months and still looks ok.... from about 5 meters!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
yea rick you see we got the same problems, so lets just switch up cars now :) ill even give you my navigation dvd player head rest screens my system and my rims. You know noone in your area seen an a4 on 20"s

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get new wiper blades for my 02 a4, is the only option the dealer? I havent been able to find any other alternatives (not even halfords!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2002 A4 has the same problem. Anyone know of any USA retailers (other than Audi) of the B7 type - sounds like a very good idea.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by storm5@Jan 15 2006, 11:56 AM

A4B2 955 425 B x2 For the blades

A8E2 955 407 C x1 arm
A8E2 955 408 C x1 arm
Thanks, i have them on order now. I'll pick them up on saturday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed the B7 wipers on my B6 today. It was a 15min job. The hard part was getting the old ones off.

The old wiper arms had grooves corresponding with grooves on the driveshafts. The new ones didn't, but the conical shape was the same, so they fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i live in the states and before i re-sprayed the car i had that problem, do u live near the sea because i live close to the sea and im not sure weather that had anything to do with it, i here its a design fault tho

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just from the weather i think... rain etc... and a poor coating of paint..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts