Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what brand turbo timers you guys are using. I was looking into the full auto Greddy turbo timer, but the only harness i could find was for jap cars. How hard is the install? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 225 comes with a turbo timer that runs coolant through the turbo after the car has been shut down. The 180 does not have this feature so it best to let it cool down for a minute or so after heavy driving before turning it off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 225 comes with a stock turbo timer? So should I still wait a min before turning off the engine or can i just shut off right after driving? also the only mods that i have is a giac x-chip and a dv. Would you recomend getting a new timer or will I be ok with the stock one.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i never knew the 225TT came with a turbo timer maybe thats what the TT stands for =)

but a timer isnt really needed u can always just sit and wait

·
Registered
10 Posts
Listen To your car after you kill it right away.. you will still here it running Coolant through it.. I thought the same thing till I started reading up more on it.. TT I like that LOL.. Supposed to stand for "Tourist Trophy". Some race a long time ago that the bad-ass car's where called that.. (Probably B/S) LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts