Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My service is due next month and I am getting all the necessary myself, the car is a 99.5 A4 1.8T Sport.

Firstly, which rating oil should i use...it is a V reg and has 105k on the clock and secondly once I have done the service, how do i reset the service indicator once I have had the service done :liebe011:

Thanks
Nilz

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am attaching the Audi approved oil list - most of which are for european oils, many not available here in the US. But you get the idea - synthetic and either 5-40 or 5-30.

This is consistent with my 99.5 1.8T Owners Manual recommendation.

VB

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for your response Volcano, but i probably didnt word the last psot clear, i wanted to know which rating would be the best, eg 5w/30 or 10w/40 etc....

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, both are recommended but here is the page from the owner's manual. Energy saving oil = synthetic.

It all depends on the climate as shown on the chart. Here in the Pacific northwest the dealer uses 5-30 Castrol synthetic (for my 1.8T)

Hope this helps.

VB

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use Castrol Syntec 10w30 in the summer and the same oil but 5w30 in winter.

Is this okay?

I live in Toronto, and it's very hot in the summer, a quite cold in the winter.

Thanks,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi there
I use Mobil SuperSyn 5w50 myself and it work's really well. I have used it for years in my car's from Porsche's, BMW and Audi's. I called into a machanic the other day and he recommended to my mate a oil that I have never heard of for his Audi. I told him what I used and he said Mobil oil's are rubbish. How do you reply to a idiot like that. I have my oil and filter changed every 5,000km. the thing i like here in Australia is that Mobil Oil is avalible everywhere and If I was stuck 1,000 km in the outback of Australia, 95 % of service station's have Mobil oil.
Best wishes
Addam smith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts