Audi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 86 5000CS Quattro L5 turbo yesterday. where is the battery? I got a manual from the guy but it is for the wrong model.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
where was it, was it in the trunk casue i know some old and new cars put it in the trunk now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Fatboy here............................ As you found that blokes battery, do you think you could tell me where the reversing switch is on a Audi 80 2.3 5cy saloon as there is no mention of it in the haynes manual....................... Just a shot in the dark......... :57:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Fatboy,
Gee, I cringe to write that, but anyway, I don't know what the switch is that you mentioned, could you give a little more info? Also, did you try the Audi 80 and 90 forum? They might have more information for you.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Originally posted by loadtoad24@Mar 24 2006, 05:00 PM
your battery is in under the rear seat.
battery under the rear seat?!?! woah isnt that kind of risky?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi,
it is the best and sourer place.
It is there that the battery lasts longest (no great temperature and not of vibrations).

·
Registered
10 Posts
My daughter works at a minute lube shop and she's noticed that most of the higher end cars have the batteries under the back seat. She even had a customer try to trick her with it, "oh, where's my battery?". Women get no respect when it comes to cars. I'm her mother and I taught her most of what she knows, which is more than alot of guys. Anyway...
I'd guess it keeps the battery a bit warmer in the winter, too. The car can be boosted from under the hood, however, there are cables there. And the battery stays surprisingly tidy under there.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
any female mechanic who knows about cars gets a :thumbsup: in my book.... is she single? :grin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Legaumais said:
Hi,
it is the best and sourer place.
It is there that the battery lasts longest (no great temperature and not of vibrations).
also better weight distribution, but the 5000s are so heavy already, i dont htink it makes much difference;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts