Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a 2001 S4 (Silver) for a while, and now have the opportunity to acquire a second one (Imola Yellow) for a very decent price... Because it needs a new motor. The car appears to be in near excellent shape otherwise and has 66k miles... The problem was that a pickup truck back up into it and its hitch broke the radiator... The owner's son drove the car with no radiator fluid (I don't know the extent of the engine damage but I'll assume it's fubar).

So my question is, what would be a good resource online to find a used 2.7T engine, and how much should I expect to pay for it? Worst case scenario (provided the block didn't crack or anything), what would a rebuild cost me if I decided to just have the engine rebuilt?

The car is being offered for less than $9k and has a clear title (no branding). The owner also fixed the body damage.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t-sport said:
I would look on e-bay.Here a an example of a couple for sale in uk ebay,expect to pay around $4000 for a good low mileage engine. If you cant find one on us ebay one of these sellers will ship worldwide so might be worth contacting them for a price?
eBay.co.uk: AUDI S4 QUATTRO AVANT 2.7 V6 TWIN TURBO ENGINE (item 320016634766 end time 11-Sep-06 14:50:12 BST) --- eBay.co.uk: AUDI S4 1999 2.7 V6 BI TURBO COMPLETE ENGINE (item 300003190152 end time 29-Aug-06 21:26:00 BST)
I hadn't thought of looking on eBay and expanding my search internationally. Thanks for the advice!

It seems to me this could be a great deal... I could have a decent Imola Yellow with less than 70k miles for less than $15,000 including replacement motor.

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AllWheelGrip said:
if ur in north america u can look here
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Holy...that's an awesome site! Thank you!

If anything this will give me a good idea of how much it would cost me.

So far it's looking like I could get this car up and running for less than $15k, including the car itself... If I got really lucky and only the heads needed replacement, less than $12k.

Thanks again! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts