Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

For the Audi A6 Quattro AWD, I am thinking to get some different wheels. With an AWD system, what is the largest size I can upgrade to? I was thinking either 18" or 19" but don't want to damage the AWD.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the group.
I didn't think changing wheel size could do any damage to the drive system. As long as the four wheels are the same size they will spin at the same rate. What you will find is that your speedo will not read accurately if you exceed the OEM recommended wheel/tyre size.
What you must be careful about is replacing say 2 out of 4 tyres. The difference in tread depth can cause fatal damage to the viscus link in the quattro system.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put 18x8 flik justice wheels on my A6 with 235/40/18's. just got the car back with h&r lowering springs on it... looks great, plenty of room. I will post a pic when I get a chance.... edgeracing.com. they have some nice wheels for audi's

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently wearing Bridgestone S-03s (225/40/18) but those are too expensive to do again (I need new tires NOW). I want to go with the Pirelli P-Zero Nero 235/40/18 (same size you say you have) but would like to see how much "bigger" those actually look before purchasing so please post a pic if you get a chance.

--tli

1 - 4 of 4 Posts