Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scince this pic was taken the car now sits about 1/2 to 1 inch higher all round, put new king spings in.
Still rubbing when cornering left hard, so bad I have to slow down to stop it rubbing and vibration. When turing hard right no rubbing?

The mags are 18x8. Is this too wide?
Tyers 225/40 R18

The rubbing is on the inner metal wall.

Any ideas, would toe in and out adjustment help?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I know on some cars you do have more room in one front arch to the other.. we are only taking a few mm tho...

maybe the leg is bent inwards fractionally?

I would see if you can get hold of any3MM or 5mm spacers to push the wheels out as long as they then dont stick out proud of the arches and still have the space for turning without catching at all... (you will/may need longer bolts too)

you could try tow - in or out and pull the top position out but then you start changing the drive etc...

let us know what you do...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
18x8 shouldnt rub unelss u got it too low, would u try rolling ur fenders

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not the outside fenders that rub, its the inside wall. Its good to know that 18x8 should fit though.

When I find out the problem and fix it, I'll let people know what it was. :banana:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
ya rolling the fenders are for the inside and are u cambering also

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure as they were already on it when I purchased it. The only markings that I can remember seeing on them are 18x8, which doesn't help with the offset.

Any ideas on what the offset shoud be between?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts