Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a performance shop today and was told that they could make a custom turbo set up, with little to no turbo lag, and with a bottom end engine rebuild i could be getting about 1000 hp at the wheel and 1100 lb/ft of torque, what do you all think?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Er seems a little much. I wouldnt have thought you would be able to get that amount of power from a twin turbo system. Normally use a single turbo to get a lot of power but even then 1000bhp is just dreaming. Either way anything over 500bhp is too much for every day use. Just wouldnt be reliable. Would go through a clutch a week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to get that much power i would need to put 35psi of boost into the engine though, with 8 psi ill be getting about 350 bhp and 400lb/ft of torque

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turbo, in order to put a turbo i have to rebuild the bottom end of the engine, nothing that hard to do. i cant just put a turbo on a stock 2.8 it will require lots of custom work to do. and lots of new parts

·
Registered
170 Posts
What turbos are you thinking about running? And, are they going to make the manifold themselves? What about an intercooler? There's a lot to consider when doing something like that. Are you going to go with an open system, or a closed one like the 2.7t? Don't mean to ask so many questions, but I'm really curious. We're throwing an Audi drivetrain in a 53 Ford sedan and haven't decided on my old motor (2.7), 4.2, or the 2.8.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
1000 hp thats a laugh, dont be fooled, even the audi track cars dont even push those numbers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Eh...I wouldn't laugh. It's possible. he's gonna spend ALOT of money though. No way it's happening for 2g. He'd basically have to rebuild the entire system.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
it is possible but ur gonna have to replace everything, and i it hasnt been dont either

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I know a lad who has spent over 15 grand... that GBP ... about 20 grand USD to get a skyline upto 1000 BHP... 1/4 mile in 8.5 sec....!!

you need to spend more cash than 2K ... even if you could get the boost there and a bit of nos you will soon be hearing a loud bang i guess!!

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
hey if this works out for u, i'll be very very impressed. i'll also be asking alot of questions b/c i would love to get my 2.8l boosted. i am willing to pay 10k to get it done, but while i'm at it i'll be replacing my 5spd triptonic with a 5spd manual tranny.!!!!! so keep us posted. :460:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i havent seen or heard of a auto to manual trannyswap yet

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it can be done but a quattro tranny costs about $10,000. and anything is possible if you ahve the time and money to do it. I know how to do the install and have the tools for it myself so i dont have to pay to have it done.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
so u mean to tell me if i blow my tranny, it's gonna cost me 10grand. holy sh**!!!! never mind!!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i dont think it will cost 10000 for everything
the tranny should nost a few thousand my 2 or 3
and i dont think the whole quattro drive train will cost 10000

1 - 20 of 23 Posts