Audi Forums banner

What type of Audi do you own (or have owned)?

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Audi A4

My pride and Joy is a 2008 A4, 2.7 TDi
Drives beautifully, tons of torque, great fuel economy 6L/100kms or around 47MPG on a run on the highway. 9lt/100km or 31 MPG around town (these are imperial gals not the little US ones)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well here is my daily driver. Took a 1990 Cq 20v 7a which had 164hp stock and made it into an engine that I an proud to say I did myself. The engine now has 315hp and does not even have a turbo yet...and I stress yet! Full port and polish, brand new internals, lightened flywheel stage 2 clutch/pressure plate, full 3' magnaflow exhaust, full cold air/ram air system, large bore Maf from 2.8 V6, 034 motorsport injector upgrade kit, 034 street Density tranny/motor mounts, bilstiens with H&R's on all 4 corners, rototech race rotors front and back, titanium valves and springs, and leather interior. Yup that's my ride, now ask me how much that cost me and I'll tell you I broke the bank. Very expensive. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fell in love with Audis as soon as I became old enough to drive. The novelty of having just any old car wore off right away. I drove my buddies 99 A6 and knew I had to have one. Saved money for a summer and bought a 95 A6 for 3k. At 17, I sold it for 5K and picked up a 98 A6 2.8. It's my baby. I will never own anything else. Once I graduate college in a mere 3 years I plan to pick up an RS6. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first Audi was a 2000 A4 Quattro 2.8L 5-speed.

My current Audi is a fully loaded special build Sprint Blue 2003 A4 Quattro 3.0L Tiptronic.

There is no substitute for Audi in real world driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A red 1987 Audi Coupe GT...£600....it wouldn't start with the key, I had to get under the car everytime and hold a screwdriver across two points to start it though...therefore not good in the snow! Did about 15,000 miles in her and sold her on for £500!! Built like a tank, looked like a ship!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is no substitute for Audi in real world driving.
To be fair there are other alternatives out there than run many of the Audis close but agree that Audi are right up there at the moment, they crushed Merc years ago and are definitely better value than the current crop of BMWs.

For a old skool classic it would be a very tough call between a UR Quattro and an E30 M3 Sport Evo and if you don't reply on a saloon it's tough to beat a Porsche 996 in teh £20-£25k bracket

·
Registered
12 Posts
At 17, I sold it for 5K and picked up a 98 A6 2.8. It's my baby. I will never own anything else. Once I graduate college in a mere 3 years I plan to pick up an RS6. Can't wait.
Yes, the RS6 is a monster...good luck with that....but will you really only ever buy Audi A6s?? Surely there must be something else out there that floats your boat so to speak?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, the RS6 is a monster...good luck with that....but will you really only ever buy Audi A6s?? Surely there must be something else out there that floats your boat so to speak?
haha yea a whole lot of other things float my boat. I'll stay true to audi tho. I actually just picked up a 2000 TT and sold my 98 A6 to my brother this weekend. I'm thinking about holding on to that for a while:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
2000 Audi A4

I have a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. Loving it, but it needs some modifications. I need to replace a blown speaker, stiffin up the suspension, and get some different wheels and tires on her. Working on getting the information needed to do the mods, before I actually do them. Don't want to cause more harm than help.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.