Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I'm new to the audi forums. I would like to know what should I be looking for when I buy an 01 s4. Because i found a 2001 s4 with 60000 miles for only $18000.
Is that price too good to be true? I did a carfax on it and everything came up clear. So I was just wondering about some of the Things i should be Looking for when i go take a look at to tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
see if all maintaince is done
i think its time for the timing belt change (thats costly)
check the enigne and body
the normal stuff
u have a trusted mechanic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have asked them if they had any maintainence log sheet or records of maintainence and they said they didnt have anything on the car. I guess the timing belt hasnt been changed yet. is there anything else that is costly to change?

·
Registered
186 Posts
You know what they say,,,, if it's too good to be true,,, it usually is! :)
That aside, AllWheel gives good advice. Get the entire car inspected, compression test, etc....
If its a stick, have the clutch checked by a good mechanic for signs of wear, I've heard that these S4s have had some clutch problems.
Make sure it's not been in an accident. Check inside the hood, doors and trunk for signs of overspray (paint).
Are you buying privately or from a dealer.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went to the used car place today with my mechanic to take a look at an 01 s4 i looked up that was really cheap. but the salesman lied and said the car was never wrecked but the driverside fender and door was brand new and the whole front driver side was cleaner then passenger side. so i guess it was too good to be true.
I am still looking for an 01-02 s4 if any one has one forsale let me know.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
that sucks man stupid lying dirt bag dealers
just be patient and it will come

i want a B5 (2000-2002) S4 also
my dream one is a 6 speed white one with black and white interior that thing is so sweet
one can always dream :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CARFAX.COM really SUCKS A$$ and it proved it today when i went to look at the s4. Carfax said there was no accidents on the car but you can tell that the car has been wrecked. So you Really cant trust Carfax.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
carfax only take report accidents
u kno like accidents that are handled out side insurance wouldnt be on the report so
or wuts ever reported to the DMV
carfax arent that accurate but they arent bad either

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i think i no wat s4 your talking about, because i no this guy from an audi a4-s4 meet that i talked to and he was selling his black bi-turbo s4 for 18,000, and he takes really good care of his car. I was actually thinking of buying it but thats to much power for me because i'm 17 and not ready to maintain a car like that. so if it's still on offer i suggest you buy it because it's a gorgeous car.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
ya if u dont kno anything about cars dont do major upgrades or buy a car thats been heavly moded

1 - 10 of 10 Posts