Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing a lot of brake dust. I just bought a gray 3.2 TT w/ 9 spoke wheels and I am noticing the brake dust after only 150 miles. What is the best method for keeping the factory rims from getting damaged? Has anyone tried Zaino on their rims?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its not only you, those brakes em big! Yup, ems gonna be dust! Yeah, the 3.2 brakes are crazy big, and I get a lot of dust too. The Owner's manual sez to wax the wheels, but regular car wax (IMHO) just doesn't last very long. Zaino could be good. I use Zymol Wheel Coat.

Bum with the 3.2 is the lack of a spare or even a donut, so the car sits up in the air when you try to do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is what I think of Zaino. I think it will help. It certianly helps in cleaning them the second time.

With Zaino, my leather looks like the day I bought it (4 years ago).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get alot of brake dust too! All I do is wipe the front rims down every othr day. Someone told me you can get spacers that fit between the rim and brake, the only down fall is your brakes can overheat, so I'm told!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am new in here and when I saw this topic I was curious. I have also noticed alot of dust, more so than any other car I have driven. I was told some years ago by a Toyota dealer that modern brake shoes without asbestos are prone to this. Still it did seem alot more than I was used to.

Cheers
Kelvin

·
Registered
272 Posts
hello pal the best advise i can give to lower the amount of brake dust for the long term is to invest in a set of ebc greenstuff brake pads. they are a huge inproverment on drasticly lowering dust i should know as i have white wheels. i was having to wipe mine each day to look clean and now after changing them to ebc pads its once a week to ten days to just wipe them. also a huge bonus to this is you inprove your braking by 20/30%. go to www.ebcdirect.com to find more info.
hope this helps friend. B)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts