Audi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy one of these 2 and would love your advice on which to pick:

2000 Audi A4 1.8Turbo Quattro - 63000 miles, $13k
GIAC chip (adds 50HP)
K&N air filter
Bailey diverter valve
Spec clutch - stage 2
B&M short shifter
Koni adjustable shocks
H&R race springs
AWE Drive train stabilizer bar
Mintex brake pads
Tinted windows
Recent tune-up

OR...
2002 Audi A4 1.8Turbo Quattro stock, 30k miles, $14k

I know next to nothing about audis and which year was considered "good" and which "bad". I currently own a 2001 Acura CL Type S and have been a Honda/Acura modder for 5 or so years. I'm interested in modding my next car. I've only test drove the 2000 and it was pretty sweet.
Thanks for your advice in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
i guess the 2000 is a B5 and the 2002 is a b6...

i would go for the stock with 30k, reason - when buying a car thats already been modded you know its going to have a hard life to 63k....

i would go newer and then you have the chance to mod it yourself if you wish.... also repair bills will be less if things go wrong!

Rickt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickT said:
i guess the 2000 is a B5 and the 2002 is a b6...

i would go for the stock with 30k, reason - when buying a car thats already been modded you know its going to have a hard life to 63k....

i would go newer and then you have the chance to mod it yourself if you wish.... also repair bills will be less if things go wrong!

Rickt
Thanks Rickt

Yeah, your resoning makes sense. Would you still do it if the b6 is 16k?

Do you know if either year/gen is notoriously difficult to mod/repair or have wide spread mechanical issues?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
to be honest the price 16K i cant comment on that as the prices here in the UK are a lot less due to it been made in Europe...

US Guys, what do you think as you know the US market?

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I would spend the extra and go for the newer more stylish B6, the interior is far higher quality too and you know its not been abused with no modifications and a low mileage !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the advice. Can you tell me a bit about the B6 in terms of how easy/expensive it is to mod? Can the turbo be modified or upgraded easily? Does anyone make a blow off valve? Is the intake exhaust header combo as popular as it is in the honda world? Basically, is it better to mod the B6 or the B5?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a rediculously low price for the 2002.

Maybe you are overseas or something but that car would be priced around $19k here in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
There coming down in price now over here in uk. I bought mine for $14k(£ 7,300 ) cosidering it cost $44k (£23k) new 4 years ago !!

It all depends where you buy it from Audi uk would sell mine for about $22k (£11k) but i got mine off Ebay !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
broccoli said:
That's a rediculously low price for the 2002.

Maybe you are overseas or something but that car would be priced around $19k here in Michigan.
I agree it's very low. I'm trying to find out more info on it. I have looked around and found tons at 16-18k though. IMO 19k seems too high.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i would go wit the stock b, casue thats some low miles and probly still in warrenty maybe

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would go stock . that way when you do a mod you know how it was before and after . i have 02 stock and love it but plan to play with it a little bit need more HP

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
ill sell you my b6 for 20 k fully moded and well kept :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts