Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First I would like to say that it is nice to join your forum.

I am thinking to buy a Audi B6 Avant here in europe and I would like to ask, what is the important things I should think about?

Could you please help me?

Thanx

Zizo

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum zizo :)

The B6 is a great practical well equiped estate car which will carry a family and luggage with ease although rear legroom could be a bit cramped for taller adult passengers !!

Its also been said its the best looking estate car on the market currently.

What sort of job and driving terrain do you intend to buy it for ?? ie if you have bad roads and weather where you live in the winter then you would be best to go for the Quattro model ....

Is fuel cheap or servicing accessable easily where you live ?? as ive heard of some Audi owners in certain parts of Europe have had to travel miles to reach a main Audi Dealership !!!

Hope that helps a little Cheers T-sport....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you help.

I am now in Germany and I would like to have it because I maybe want to travel to my parents once each month, it is around 2000 KM (one way) of driving. Another reason is that it looks good and also the Avant model is big, so I can carry lots of bags and other stuff :)

The roads are good, so I am not worried about that, but I see what you mean, if I want to drive in winter then it is better with Quattro.

About the fuel, it is around 1,2 Euro/liter, I think it is OK with a 1.8 liters engine or?

Talking about the engine, could it be that the 1.8 liters engine consumes lot? or shall I go for a 6 cylinders?

Another thing I would like to ask, what shall I look after when I buy, I mean the options in the car, as navigation, rain sensor, s-line package, shall I go for Tiptronic gear?, this information could help me lot.

Once again thank you

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
The 1.8 T is a good choice with enough power and good fuel economy compared to the 3.0 v6(fuel guzzler) but the TDI engines are good too and have a very high torque ouput!!

If you are buying new i would go for the s-line package with sat nav, but i have heard the Tiptronic gearbox can be trouble- some and is not as strong as the manual if you plan to upgrade the power if say you got the 1.8T (ECU remapped or chipped to a higher Bhp output) !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see...

So far I am planing to go for this:

-Engine: 1.8 or 1.8T
-S-line
-Leather
-Open roof
-17" tires
-Xenon light (I do not know if it is availible)
-Navi (if it is included, then it is OK otherwise it is not so important)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts