Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Had 2 sets of Continental sport contact 2. Very poor wear rate 16000 miles from fronts and a bit vague on fast turn in
Now got Michelin pilot sport on front, much better turn in and hopefully better wear rate.
I also got the michelins cheaper.
Continentals about £140 each
Michelins between £170 to £200
Michelins at Costco £117 each fitted and balanced

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i got nankang 225 / 30 / 20 i put them on about a week ago and like them ill keep it updated on the wear

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put a set of Dunlop SP SPORT 9090's on last October and they appear to be wearing well. Excellent handling and don't appear that noisy either.

Also have Dunlop MFS (Maximum Flange Sheild) system protects expensive alloy wheels from kerbing.

They were around £100 each cost at the time :eek:

I mentioned Firestones in my local supplier and I was advised to avoid them if I wanted a tyre that would cover 6000 miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Like RickT, I've found Dunlop SP Sport 9090s the best combo - they do seem to be quieter than other tyres (Continentals Contact make a real row on the missus' A3)
Had 39000 on the front pair, and 48000 from the rear pair.

***NB For tyres, check out the website mytyres.co.uk - have ordered both sets of tyres from them and had them delivered to a local garage for fitting - beat any other major tyre outlet for price (eg. £182 fitted for a pair, compared to £260 at kwikfit, nationwide autocentre etc etc)***:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
What kind of tyres

Currently on a set of Dunlop SP Sport 9090,s. Previous set was the same. Replaced all 4 tyres after 23000miles. I will be replacing with the same tyre in the very near future unless somebody can advise of a better make for the money. These are on an 03 A4 2.5tdi Quatro sport.

Appreciate any advice......................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts