·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing my Audi this week! Here are 2 potential contenders

1-'02 3.0 quattro 6 spd. with sport package and 140k= $13,000
or
2- '01 1.8t 5 spd. with sport package and 87k= $12500

I'm concerned about the mileage on the '02, so i'm leaning toward the 2001. Timing belt on the '01 w/ 87k was done at 80k. I'll do mods (eventually), but i'm looking for a sweet car with some life left on it and these #$*&ers are hard to find out my way, especially with a MT.

Please weigh in with your choice/opinions/etc. Both are clean, but the '02 has a new set of wheels and tires.

Thanks guys. I look forward to your opinions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
both seem to be good deals. As long as the interior/exterior are in good shape along with engine. I just picked up a 98 a4 2.8t fwd with a few scracthes on the outside but extremely mint interior. 98k miles on it for 6900. dark green. im in love.

But gack to your question. id go for #2 for the sol purpose of less miles and wear on the engine

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Is the 01 car the older b5 platform?Iwould personally not worry about the mileage too much on no 1 car as it probably has done most of its life on a freeway sitting about 3000 rpm (company car).As long as its been fully maintained it is much more car for your money and is the B6 platform with better interior and styling.
Go for the 3.0 quattro in my opinion-its a good price.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would go w/ choice #2 given the timing belt has been replaced. I hear it can be costly. I just bought an '01 A4 2.8 Q 5 sp in May and have only driven it once. I'm looking forward to getting back and driving it.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Top dollar if you ask me I would hunt around and find a 1.8T with Quattro as your sure paying more than Quattro price for the 1.8T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts