Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m selling my 04 rx8 so i can get a used audi tt roadster the 225hp. I was wondering of some of you can give me feedback on the pros and cons of this car and what i can expect? is it reliable?,is it fast? can it handle better than the rx8? What is out there in terms of moding the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
As for the reliability Im not to sure, I just purchased mine a few weeks ago. Same goes for the pros and cons, still working those out. However, I have driven an RX-8 on a road track as well as the TT. Faster no deffinately not, but as with anything speed is just a matter of money. Now will it out handle the RX-8 ABSOLUTELY!!! On a track the TT is on rails. I will probably get some crap for this but the only other car that I have driven that may out corner the TT is a Miata. As for the mods, I have been searching Yahoo, Google, Ask Jeeves, you name it. There are quite a few performance mods out there thanks to the VW tuners, or should I say suppliers. One thing that I am finding out, at least with chips, is they all claim the same HP gains. I am not too sure however with the quality of the manufactures. I could go on and on. Like I said before all of this is just read research. I have yet to do any hands on mods myself. Good luck and "chose but chose wisely.."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude. Get the TT. It is going to blow the rx-8 away in more categories than I care to list.
Is the TT fast? The 225 is quick. Due to weight, the coupe is about half a second quicker to 60mph than the roadster. Roadster 0-60 times are 6.3 or so. Still not a slouch.
Does it handle well? Yes, it handles well, but it is no 911.
Performance mods? Tons, my man. I had mine ('01 225 roadster) REVO tuned (like chipping but better), and it became a different beast. Went from 225hp to 260hp, and 207lbft to 284lbft. She's plenty fast now. I also just ordered a p-flo intake (some debate about these due to sealed engine compartment), a neuspeed 70mm exhaust, and a forge diverter valve. Once fitted I should be somewhere in the 275hp range. I also plan on doing some suspension work (sway bars) within the next year.
Is it reliable? So far, so good. Spent about $250 having some new sway bar bushings put in, but that's it.
In closing, the TT is a great car. It is beautiful to look at (unlike the rx-8), and you really don't see many of them out there (also unlike the rx-8). You can mod it easily, and its a super fun car. If you get one, I doubt you will regret it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess you may want to know some of the cons, too. The roadster is a 2 seater. It has virtually no trunk at all. Having a tt roadster as your only car would be tough. You can't even put a cooler and 2 beach chairs in it. My primary car is a jeep grand cherokee, so I can get away with having a 2 seater.
Another gripe i have is that it is AWD with a FWD bias. Power only goes to the rear wheels if the front wheels begin to slip. I wish it were either RWD or AWD with a RWD bias.
Those are really the only complaints I have with the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts