Audi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a nightmare system! I have an A3 2021 and in the 6 months I have had it the MMI has only worked for short periods. The Audi dealer just refers you to the Audi techs who give you complicated instructions on rebooting the system. I have done this three times in the 6 months and the systems works for a short period and then various elements fail. The most common fault is the Sat Nav which vanishes altogether leaving you with a “ Sat Nav initialising, please wait” but it never does. Another fault is the failure of the system to store your individual set up. I don’t like the Lane warning when driving so switch it off, but when I sign in again it has reset.
my old Audi recognised my phone as soon as I started the vehicle, this MMI fails to do that and I have to connect the phone in the system each time.
I don’t understand why the Audi Service departments are unable to deal with these problems

·
Registered
3 Posts
This MMI thing is very pathetic. My 2021 A8 rarely works normally, it even reinitializing itself constantly in the middle of navigation and listening to Spotify. It can’t even lower Spotify music volume with navigation on, very annoying. MyAudi app complains the vehicle is not linked and wanted me to enter email and password but the vehicle recognizes me as key user?!
“warning” message about electrical system for battery not being charged even after extended driving and mysteriously gone for no reason…
German computer design is really disappointing, how expensive does it cost to hire some good Indian/Chinese software engineers to perfect the system. With all the new computer/AI technologies integrated into new vehicles, German cars will be losing a big piece of pies just for this. Audi can’t even maintain an MMI server steady!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This MMI thing is very pathetic. My 2021 A8 rarely works normally, it even reinitializing itself constantly in the middle of navigation and listening to Spotify. It can’t even lower Spotify music volume with navigation on, very annoying. MyAudi app complains the vehicle is not linked and wanted me to enter email and password but the vehicle recognizes me as key user?!
“warning” message about electrical system for battery not being charged even after extended driving and mysteriously gone for no reason…
German computer design is really disappointing, how expensive does it cost to hire some good Indian/Chinese software engineers to perfect the system. With all the new computer/AI technologies integrated into new vehicles, German cars will be losing a big piece of pies just for this. Audi can’t even maintain an MMI server steady!!
I am glad I am not the only frustrated Audi owner. Your problems are exactly the same as mine, clearly the software is a disaster. My Audi agents response is ‘ oh yes the problems you describe are the same as others have reported, we are unable to rectify , butAudi keep saying they are working on a software update‘
OK, but when, next month, next year? It certainly puts me off Audi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts