Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a reasonably cold day (10 degress? 12?) i start up my 1999 a4. switch on the radio, and as soon as i turn down the volume, it goes REALLY high :w00t: , to the max, then i try to turn it down more, but it just remains high, then a tad lower, then really high and doesnt go low untill the entire car is warmed up (10 - 15mins) - then it works normally. Turning the volume up makes no difference.

radio is fine on warm days. i would of thought its the auto volume control for when the car is at hi speed, the volume will automatically turn up to compensate for noise, but i turned this function off, but that hasnt fix it

Audi dealer (of course) say the radio 'could' need replacing. £250 ($480)

its an audi concert system, is that correct for an a4 2.4 se?

·
Registered
47 Posts
thats funny! my heater did that the other day. Its been pretty cold down here in Houston Texas (for a change)..... it was like 1am and i had the munchies..."wink" went to the car to go grab something... turned the heater on and up, but it went to max and max fan and nothing i did made a differance...it wouldnt even turn off. this lasted about 10 min, then about the time that i was going to have to roll the windows down i was able to turn the temp down a and gained full control of its functions... funny stuff!! sometime ... most of the time i really dont understand that danm car. :grin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 97 Cabriolet and have already replaced radio among other things. Two associates at work also have Audis (96, 2003) and both have replaced their radios as well. Even my replacement's volume is tempermental when you touch the volume knob without turning the volume instantly increases. Unfortunately Audi radios are connected to the alarm system or more people would replace them with something else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is a common problem with the Concert h/u, I understand the volume control plays up, I had it occur in one of my A4's.

The only suggestion I can make is: disable the GALA feature and see if this helps. I do not recall the steps for doing this but it is in the Concert manual.

Failing that, you can live with it or find yourself a used Concert on e-bay, ensure it has a valid securty code but the risk is that it may be afflicted with the same ailment as yours unless the seller is genuinely upgrading his audio system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts