Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a pod filter on my A4 and increased the boost.

Now what seems to happen is if i hold the boost at around 0-1 psi i get some weird humming noise that even sounds louder than my DV Valve.

The noise also happens when i back off the accelerator slowly and let the boost slowly drop. If i'm going up a hill and the boost is holding at a constant level it also makes the noise.

This is REALLY annoying and embaressing. It never happend before the cold air intake.

I get a nice spool sound and a nice woosh on the DV Valve but this loud windy humming noise is quite annoying. It wont happen if i put foot to floor and do quick shifts. It only happens when the boost slowly leaks or is held at the same reading.

Please advise....

·
Registered
13 Posts
have you replaced the diverter vavle yet if it is the stock one that might be going out on you because the bosch DV's tend to do that after a while. You also might want to have it checked out with a boost pressure tester. Also have you noticed any decrease in horsepower or sudden decelerations or accelerations abnormal to you and your car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're right. It's still using the factory DV and all signs would point to that. I am going to replace it with the Bosc 110 bypass as used on the Porsche. I heard they can hold up to 25psi of boost and are a great valve. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that was dissapointing. I replaced the DV with a Bosch 110 DV, and i still get that annoying sound. Usually when i back-off the throttle and the boost decreases. It sounds like a howling dog. What is going on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts