Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this so be nice. i have an a4 avant, which i love. the only problem is the alarm is about as loud as an asthmatic casio watch.

any ideas how i can make it louder?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum jimmyjames :)

I am glad im not the only person that thinks the alarm is so quiet !!

I posted this topic a while back but got no response ?? I suppose its just something we got to live with or the only other option is to disable the Audi alarm and fit aaftermarket one with proper decibels !! lol

Heres the thread i originally posted on it http://www.audi-forums.com/b6-forum/41097-can-alarm-siren-changed.html

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Hi there...

I looked into this some time ago and found that car manufactures alarms have to be under a certain volume not to disturbed people if it goes off in error,,,, im my opinion... if a car alarms is going off it requires someone to look at it as they may have been a crime!! yes,,, don’t get me wrong... a faulty alarm will do your head in... but better safe than sorry..!!!

However I have found this thread... I don’t condone offending/insulting people.... however I can say in “my opinion” these people on the attached link Do you have anything better to do!!! Idiotic!! I bet they don’t drive or even own a car… and if they did I bet its some rust bucket!!
Let’s Ban Car Alarms by Brian C. Anderson, City Journal Winter 2002

I just had to get that out of my system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

RickT

·
Registered
89 Posts
Only read a little and had to stop my blood is boiling, i think your right about them not having a car, my scoobies one was really loud but didn't go off all time, i bet they all have house alarms, that can be just as much of a pain,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what a daft world we live in when a tool designed to alert people to a crime has to be quiet in case it offends people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts