Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi 100 1994 2 litre petrol avant -- I have a leak on the driver side front seems to be dripping from above and to the right of the accelerator pedal at the back of the dash. Any ideas on how to trace and rectify it ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Might be leaking through a wireing loom or cable grommet.

Hmmm could be a tricky one to get to without taking out the dash, not sure if you can get near enough to the cabin entry point from the engine compartment though ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks T-sport - I located the problem today. The drain duct entry point on the driver side inner wind was blocked. It's now clear and now I just have to dry the floor out on the driver side. I only got this car as a runabout before settling on my next newish vehicle. I am so impressed by the build quality of this Audi 100 that I am looking at Audis - tempted by the 2.5 td A6. This one is running so well and I like it so much I may have it for some time. Did the timing belt the other day just to put my mind at ease.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marlet100 said:
Where is that drain I have same problem. Pics?
drains are near the bulkhead on either side and have rubber flaps - you can't miss them. no pics cos i just sold the car the other day another reason for the water prob with my audi was the windscreen seal on the passenger side was faulty - it's a bonded screen so I used a sealer called ' Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure' it is amazing stuff. U need to get the water prob sorted 'cos the car will steam up badly in the winter. I had the car for a year and regretted parting with it - it never missed a beat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marlet100 said:
Are these the same drains in door hinge? Those were clear.
doubt if water ingress is thru door seals - are both sides wet ? is the water problem only in the front floor wells ? Does your car have a sunroof ? sunroof drains are often the source of water problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marlet100 said:
Are these the same drains in door hinge? Those were clear.
worth checking the fuel lines on these cars as they get older - they are steel pressure lines and can corrode - I replaced mine just to be on the safe side as they looked pretty dodgy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts