Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1995 A4 and every time it rains im getting a fair amount of water collecting in the drivers side front and rear footwells, all the door and window seals are fine so its not coming in through the most obvious places. im stuck and starting to get really anoyed with having wet feet the smell and my windows always being steamed up.

if anyone has had this problem or can help in any way it would be much appreciated

cheers

Andrew Mott

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Check round by the battery as the drain plugs get blocked and allow water to build up and leak in to the car and is the most common problem for the A4's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i have found the problem
there are two pipes that come out the back of the dash and run down the side of the power stearing master cylinder (think there for the cabin heaters). the gromit from where the pipes run down into the engine bay somwhere was missing and i could see my carpet if i looked down through the hole so i filled it with the best part of a whole tube of cilicone, that will hold it till i find a new gromit....cheers guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
themott said:
i have a 1995 A4 and every time it rains im getting a fair amount of water collecting in the drivers side front and rear footwells, all the door and window seals are fine so its not coming in through the most obvious places. im stuck and starting to get really anoyed with having wet feet the smell and my windows always being steamed up.

if anyone has had this problem or can help in any way it would be much appreciated

cheers

Andrew Mott
hi i had the same problem with my 1995 a4 1.9 tdi when it rains it runs into the bulkhead where the battery is housed at the back of the engine the drain holes in the bottom of the bulkhead were blocked and as the water gathered it spilled through the cable holes into the footwells i cured it by cleaning the drain holes and also carefully drilling some extra holes hope this helps ian

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Remove carpet and dry out,use a hose pipe not a steam cleaner and raise above the area you wont to test,then have a look inside the car for signs of entry.Possible areas to consider.The e box in the osf plenith chamber,around the windscreen area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
If sealing the grommet doesn’t work.
I have an RS4 in which I had water on the carpet. The problem was the condense pipe from the AC unit. This pipe has a little valve which sometimes sticks. This means that the AC condense water cannot escape thus filling the foot well with water.
Pull the carpet back, use a thin screw driver in the outlet pipe to free the sticking valve. Might be the problem?? Worth a check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A6 2.7 T- 2003- A/C Water... where is that grommet?

Hi there- can anyone tell me (Maybe AMB?) where that grommet is & the A/C valve/ outlet pipe referenced in the last tread (immediately above)? I think that's what's happening with mine, too. Seems like A/C water. At least I found a drain plug in the bottom of the rear passenger floor and drained almost all the water up, but it keeps filling up... PIC WOULD BE GREAT!! THANKS!! Also- how do you pull the carpet back without ruining it? Rear passenger side affected on mine so far...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts