Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 A6 Avant Quattro Turbo. I bought it a month ago and a week after I picked it up the water coolant warning came on. I topped it up and a couple of weeks later it came on again. Obviously this shouldn't happen and my local garage are investigating where the leak is. They have already spent about 4 hours on it and not found where the leak is. The warranty sold with the car will not cover investigation work so that's down to me to pay before they even try to fix it.

Am I wasting my money getting the local garage to do it or will an Audi dealer have a better idea of where to look?

·
Registered
137 Posts
How is the level in the coolant tank? Are you loosing a lot? Sometimes the G-12 coolant looses a little volume when it get cold outside and this can trip the sensor if you are close to the cold fill line. Is there water / coolant in the passangers front side? Most likely a heater core. I hope you do not have a leak in you oil cooler. This is hard for experienced Audi guys to find. I'd find a good indi shop that does work on German cars and let them go through it.
Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only had the car a month. A week after I got it, the warning light came on so I topped it up. Two weeks later the warning light came back on and it was on minimum again so I knew something was wrong.

They have traced the leak to the secondary pump after spending four hours taking the fuel injection system apart.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts