Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2000 A4 1.8TQ several months ago. There is a fairly noticeable pulsing when breaking at high speeds. I'm guessing one or more rotors are slightly warped. Pads are fine, so my question is, can I cause any other damage if I continue to drive? I'm just not sure how this might affect the AWD. Anyway, I wanted to avoid the expense of changing the rotors out, but if I must, I must.

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, it can affect other things. Calipers and pads are the most obvious aspects though. It can also hurt the traction control and possibly your ABS. Also, your rotor "warp" is more than like due to pads that were incorrectly seated. When installing brakes, if you don't follow the proper "break-in" cycle you can cause pad to stick to the rotor and cause that warped feel. Make sure when you change the rotors that you change the pads and heat cycle them properly to keep them from doing the same thing again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My S4 is doing the same thing. The mechanic told me he would just cut the front rotors and put new pads. But if that didn't work, they would change the rotors for $50 + the rotors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts