Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit 3300 miles today crossing the Throgs Neck Bridge in NYC (the best view of Manhattan other than the view from an airplane) when my low oil light came on. I pulled into a gas station and it was about 1 quart low. I am 99.9% sure I don't have a leak.

Is it weird to be low at only 3300 miles?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t'was yellow.

if I had a red one, I'd be telling you fine folks about my day at the Audi dealer.

anything to be concerned about? or should I just keep an eye on the level?

I never had oil problems with my B5 S4 and that was after 80k miles.

I do spend more time in higher rpms with this car than the B5.

I'm sure it's nothing... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I have heard the B6 goes through more oil than the B5 - Apparently Audi have said this is normal and have read other threads on this forum before that have said the same.

It does say in the owners handbook to check oil and water at regular intervals at fuel stops so would say this is normal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who reads the handbook? Actually, I did read the handbook, but every handbook from every car I've ever had says 'Check the oil'.

As much as I love cars and driving, I am a complete douche when it comes to maintaining my own car. I always do the scheduled tune ups and oil, and I always drive a car the way it wants to be driven, never abused, but I don't even know how to change the oil.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
im right next to the throgs neck man :) come kick it with me one day

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 32K now on my b6 s4. I've had that problem a few times and dealer say's its normal break in. Havent put a drop of oil in since about 25K...we'll see what happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts