Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

One of the A3's cryptic orange warning symbols has started appearing each time I start her up. Unfortunately I don't have a manual so I don't know what it means.

It looks like an upside-down light bulb (fluid reservoir?) with a cross through it, in brackets. After much deliberation I decided it was probably brake fluid, but when I checked that it appears to be full - it's nearly up to the brim still.

Can anyone confirm if it is brake fluid, or is it something else? cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a quick look in my manual and couldn't see any warning light that looks like what you described. Sorry - I'll have a proper look again later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks mandy! :liebe011:

apologies for my crap description, that makes perfect sense though as I thought it had to be something brake related from the symbol ( O )

better get a bulb tomorrow then, don't want to be giving the sheriffs excuses to stop me :wink2:

cheers again for the help

·
Registered
68 Posts
No worries, and actually your description was spot on! I've just never seen this symbol before - pretty cool feature that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys i got an 2001 Audi A8L and this morning the following light came on it looks kinda like below and before the four parallel lines in has and arrow up and arrow down and it has some more details in it but i cannot remember how exactly, i do not have the 2001 AUDI A8L manual can anyone find anything on what this means

/\ ___
| -------- | \
| -------- | \
| -------- | /
| -------- |___ /
\/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts