Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anyone help me! The volume button on my concert radio goes through the roof whenever I try to alter the sound. Im told that this is a common problem on these radios, but im also told that Audi will only offer a reconditioned unit for around £300 fitted. Now I can take most things in my stride but £300 for a dodgy volume button is pushing it even for Audi. Does anyone out there have any idea how I can get over this problem without handing over my weeks wages :crying: !

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Darth,
Yep me too i had this problem,u touch the volume control with a feather and it acts like it's possesed, :grin:
I had loads of problems finding another unit,in the end i brought a aftermarket radio Alpine...this is all well and good but you have to get the converter leads and rewire the cables behind head unit and the speakers,and of course cut the in-line resistors off the cable.
I had tons of grief originally in trying to get this unit to work well,sound was terrible,even took the car to get the radio installed by a professional :wacko: they did not have a clue.....and i decided to do it myself, however with persistance and patience.i got there.
It sounds awesome..... :D
If you don't want to go through the above then i recommend ebay,see concert radios on there a few times,some sold with the same problem though....
Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts