Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a beautiful Roadster 2002 with only 14,000 miles on the clock and one previous owner. It has 6 months to run on the manufacturer’s warranty.

Although I really love the car I am experiencing some vibration issuesthat I am not familiar with and I am not confident of the dealer’s reaction to my complaints.

There are 2 issues:

When breaking I get no vibrations until I decelerate below 10 mph and then I get a feeling in the brake peddle as if it is metal against metal. I am assured by the Audi Dealer that this is nothing to worry about!

Additionally I am getting a slight road vibration in the steering wheel, the foot pedal and the clutch pedal.

Is this normal?

Has anyone else experienced this? Grateful for any advice and guidance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive got a 2000 Audi TT roadster. The only thing I can relate to is a slight vibration through the clutch pedle but not through the streering wheel and not through the brake pedal when idling or braking. Hopefully another member might be able to asist you a bit more as I'm no mechanic.

I Hope you get it sorted,
the grizzler

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2003 TT coupe and have a similar feeling in the brakes. They feel fine until i get to very low speeds. Just before I come to a complete stop I experience a bit of a wobble or squishyness out of the brakes for a moment. It feels as if the rotor may be warped, but I feel no vibration at all while braking at higher speeds, only in the moments that I am coming to a stop. I found it odd and was a bit concerned about it. Any input you may have would be nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts