Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
any place you can reccomend to get a resonable price for a Vag-Com.
I have been looking at the Ross Tech, but not sure if one is better than the other. If i was closer to the dealer I'd bring it in. Faults are pretty rare for me. But the nearest dealer is 600km from here. Fort McMurray, and I rather do it myself then pay 150+ shop rates here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
any place you can reccomend to get a resonable price for a Vag-Com.
I have been looking at the Ross Tech, but not sure if one is better than the other. If i was closer to the dealer I'd bring it in. Faults are pretty rare for me. But the nearest dealer is 600km from here. Fort McMurray, and I rather do it myself then pay 150+ shop rates here.
I bought mine from Ross Tech and I'm very pleased with it. It paid for itself after the first two uses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone tell me why I should have to pay £260 in the UK for a Ross Tech diagnostic tool when it appears to the inexperienced (Me) that you can get something similar on Ebay for £25-£30,
Fred

·
Registered
1 Posts
That depends.... If they're for VCDS-lite then they are just "dumb" interfaces, i.e. you would then have to buy a software license to access the full VCDS software (although some features will work un-licnensed). These will also only work on some older cars.

Psycho sootie's picture appears to be a pre-2004 model which is certainly compatible with the lite version (I had this).

If you have a post-2004 then you need a CAN compatible interface. Only genuine VCDS CAN interfaces work with their software, so if someone on ebay is claiming to have a genuine CAN VCDS interface (which doesn't require a software license) then at that price they are probably knockoffs.

Personally, if I'm going to plug a computer into my ££££ car then ~£250 doesn't seem so much for the peace of mind that it is a genuine, fully tested and supported piece of kit...

Can anyone tell me why I should have to pay £260 in the UK for a Ross Tech diagnostic tool when it appears to the inexperienced (Me) that you can get something similar on Ebay for £25-£30,
Fred

·
Registered
11 Posts
Such a pity !Sorry but I have never heard about it so I can’t help u here Maybe the best solution is to go the nearest car service?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts