Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO my day started out good, felt my oil getting kind of thick and dirty so i took it to pepboys WOOPIEEE.... go to pick it up, and the dude goes its yea nice weather is coming so we put in regular oil...... is this going to mess up my car? Should i duff him in the face? Or is he right? I know nice weather is coming but still does that rly make a difference? I know in the book it says use petroleum or synthetic based oil. They put in Penzoil but i unno kind of pissed me off he didnt use what i got last time... Another thing would they tell you if your oil had sludge or any other problems? Because i been reading about some people getting sludge and **** in their engines... Just trying to be cautious since i put a lot of money into it.. Me personally i think the car looks better in motion then in my driveway but maybe thats the new cool thing to do :grin:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
wut kinda of oil did he put it the wieght of it
u want to kno something audi doesnt even use full syn oil on most of thier schedualed oil changes

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so its no biggie?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they put in 5 w 30

·
Registered
180 Posts
To be honest I would only ever put in what Audi recommends
Here in the UK it is Castrol SLX (Audi VW version) I think its 5w 30 or 0w 30
UK dealers use this same fully synthetic oil

Ask your self "For the difference in price is it worth the risk of not using the specified oil ?"

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the dude always puts in synthetic but i dont know maybe he had a brain fart or something. Just want to know if i will be good for 3000 miles with regular oil

·
Registered
180 Posts
In case you missed one of my other comments on this. Audi changed the oil filter recently for a much bigger one, presumably to help stop the sludging problem.
This is on the 1.8t, I dont know if they have upgraded on other engine sizes.
I dont thing 3rd party filters will have changed from the original smaller size

1 - 10 of 10 Posts