Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my car to get chipped today, and while they were soldering it on the ecu broke. The guy there said he didn't remember the name of the place, but that he knew a site where you can get used ones and told me that if i posted on here someone would probably know what he was talking about. also, if anyone has one numbered 8d0 907 557 n (a4 1.8t 97-99.5)for sale that works i wanna buy it. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I should think the guy that was installing the chip should be part responsible for replacing the Ecu if hes damaged it on install...

Was it a reputable chip tuner that fitted it for you ??

They should at least offer some money and help you locate a replacement ...

Where are you based paper ? us or uk ?? it may help you more with a response if you can let us know :)

Cheers T-sport ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it done at AWE tuning in PA, USA. apparently the ecu was old and brittle and cracked from the heat of the solder, not their fault. They charged me for an hours work when they spent about 2 1/2 on it and gave me a couple t-shirts which was nice, and said if i get a new ecu they will give me a free installation. Ive seen some around on ebay which is the route i'll probably end up taking, but he mentioned a website that might offer some kind of guarantee on a used ecu. Thanks for replying.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I here AWE are a good company from previous mentions around the forum so at least your car is in good hands ..

Good luck in finding a ECU and let us know how you get on ...

Cheers T-sport ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts