Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,,

Ever since i made the little change in VAG-COM to make the doors lock at 10MPH i have come up against a little problem, Not sure if its related as yet...

((((Go into VAG-and select “Central convenience module” (ITEM #46).

Go to "Recode" and add 32 to the current number. Ie remove the last 2 digits and add 32. )))))

Basicly whats happening is that when i get out of the car open any door i normally pick up my things from the car, ie pasenger seat or the rear or boot lock the car before closing the door, and then when i close the door/boot the indicators would flash and the car would be locked. (that way i didnt have to get my keys out of my pocket again as i normally have my hands full!!)

now what happening is that when i open a door, press lock the indictors flash stating locked already? then when i close the door they dont flash? then all the doors are locked apart from the last door i close??. (basicly the central locking is locking the doors before the last door is closed)

Does any one know why this would occur??

Also i have noticed since making the change, if i try and open the windows or close the windows via holding you UNLOCK button on the remote this feture does not work either now???

There is not a problem with the remote as i have tried my spare key which used to work fine with these fetures all so and that does not work either...

Before you say amend it back to what it was like before, which im going to do tommrrow, (i cant see how this amendment would make a differeance to be honest)

Please advise if you have any ideas. I have not had chance to do any research as yet but thought i would put the shout out first!!

Thanks

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found this so far.................

Recode locking options

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03468

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 12172

A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03340

S4, A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 16140

Add the following options to your coding number:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
-04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
-1024 Remove horn honk when arming
+32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

So, if you want to have a 1999 A4 with Concert radio and anti-theft system and keyless entry, and you want to add window control with the remote along with auto-lock, then:
add 03340+64+32= 03436

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not had chance as yet.... going to do it tommorrow, however you should be able to have all fetures enabled at the same time.

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
89 Posts
if have a snag like yours, does you car keep triin to lock its self , when your a low speeds ie 10-20 mph, got this snag with mine, i have also found the the c locking light does not come on when it does this, also notice the pass lh door can be opened when i lock the doors from the inside , had a mate look a it with vag com and have an intermit flaut on that door may be worth looking at the c locking ecu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts