Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
HAHA @ Rick!

So your gonna open that door huh!

You have no idea how over complex the North America cell phone network is over here! Trust me i had to learn!

They only have Sims on a few of the mobile carriers, T-Mobile, SunCom, Cingular

If its a Verizon, Sprint, Nextel then they store the information physically on the phone. No Sim slot. Thus it wont work in the UK.

You also have to check the spec of the Treo and see if it's TriBand cuz even if it is a GSM one it might be using different frequencies, so you might only end up getting a half decent reception.

But it's a good price!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HarisMic said:
HAHA @ Rick!

So your gonna open that door huh!

You have no idea how over complex the North America cell phone network is over here! Trust me i had to learn!

They only have Sims on a few of the mobile carriers, T-Mobile, SunCom, Cingular

If its a Verizon, Sprint, Nextel then they store the information physically on the phone. No Sim slot. Thus it wont work in the UK.

You also have to check the spec of the Treo and see if it's TriBand cuz even if it is a GSM one it might be using different frequencies, so you might only end up getting a half decent reception.

But it's a good price!
Very well said, thanks for saving me with that!!! Like he said with the above 3 networks for the sim card to work. I believe T-Mobile is in UK as well. And yes it is a Tri-Band phone...Very kick ass phone too. Let me know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts