Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post so hello and please be gentle :)

I have had my 1998 A4 TDI SE for 5 months now and while it has fantastic economy and realiability, on long journies it is killing my back/backside/legs/neck. I dont know if its my driving position - I have tried moving my seat a bit but nothing has helped, I am a fairly tall person (6ft 2) and have my seat a fair distance back, but my Focus never used to give me pains like this does! I stop every hour on long journies and I still end up with massive aches and pains. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can you buy the leather A4 seats from somewhere? Would cruise control help, if so - how much is this to fit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My A4 is totally standard except some nice new Conti Sport Contact tyres, but the ride was unbearable before I had those put on :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randomjim - The ride quality is fine, nice and comfortable. Its the actual seating position thats causing me problems, today I am going to try with the seat a bit higher up.

AllWheelGrip - There is no lumbar support on my car :(

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
ur getting old :bwekk:

sitting far back doesnt mean much... sitting far back can put just as much if not more strain on your body If anything i would say sit closer and maybe get a pillow, or a padded carseat and try that

I have a b6 a4 and consider it one of the most comfortable rides i ever been in.

How old are ya?

hope this helps a bit
:57:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonna try some of those beady type things - im getting old way too quick...

By the way, I am 19 :lol:

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Your se should be quite comfortable as it doesnt have the hardened suspension like the sport model does.
I would definately try the seat with the height rake up as high as it goes and try and keep the backrest fairly straight.
My mate is 6"3 and he gets bad back ache and pains and he puts it down to his height giving him problems-he is 29

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you find yourself in any pain from normal sitting? As in outside the car? Id actually recommend seeing a doctor. I just found out i had a slight case of scoliosis which is curviture of the spine when i was about 19-20. I saw pediatritians all thruought my childhood and they never noticed it. I'm currently 25 and have major back pains at times. Although, I have never had any real back problems driving and I do my fair bit of driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts