Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death in the past. I am new to the forum and have owned my A4 for just over a week. I want to get a set of 4 new tyres for it. It's a TDI 130 Quattro. What do yuo guys reccomend?

My last car was golf on 17 inch rims that I used the Goodyear Eagle F1s GSD3s. I was always delighted with these. I am wondering if I should also stick with them for the A4 as well?

I am not too concerned about wear rates as I dont do too many miles. I mainly want grip and stopping power and safety.

Cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Where are you based skymaster1 us or uk or other country ?? as i could reccomend a cheap buy off internet site which i use for top quality tyres your after :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I am based near bristol in the UK. I actually managed to get a bargain on some F1s today. I got 4 x Goodyear F1 GSD3 205/55/16 fitted for £216 inc a set of Mc Guard locking wheel nuts. Reason being: They got the bill wrong! Charged me less than £50 per tyre. Their normal price as quoted on the phone before I drove there was £69.

It feels much better on the Goodyears than the Mix of budget, bridgestone and tread depths from 5-7mm that it had before.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's Pro Tyre in Bristol. I think they have branches in other towns as well. I have always found their prices on the higher performance tyres to be the best by a long way. Also in the bristol branch the fitters are good and have yet to damage my alloys or anything like that.

Even at the proper price of £69 they are a bargain compared to other places.

When I had the F1s on my golf the stopping ability was amazing. A stomp on the pedal resulted in a very rapid slowing down. I tried contis and dunlops on the golf as well to no good effect what so ever. Hated them in fact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts