Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
isnt it as simple as grounding the saftey wire? I have an after market unit and thats all i did

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yea thats what i thought. The safety wire connects to the handbrake but if you disconnect that and put it to a ground it should work all the time.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Legaumais said:
Hi,
it is enough to remove the wire GALA behind the radio.:D
Not quite that simple in an A6/A8/Q7 as you think

In the old days it was cut the gala wire and this was true all the way upto the end of the C5 A6 chassis at 2004/5. But with the C6 A6 chassis (MOST MMI) you cannot do this.

Same for the A8 D3 from 2003 with MOST MMI, the previous 2002 A8/S8 yes you could cut the gala, but not now.

Q7 will be the same.

And it is true, most aftermarket system use the hand brake wire to enable /disable TV and you can just ground that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi,
it is necessary to program with VAGcom::D
STG 56 -> Adaptation -> Function 10
-> Channel 005 (TV in motion)
0 - off
1 - up to 5 km/h
255 - unlimited

·
Registered
8 Posts
craigyb said:
Not true, this morning I have video enabled an A4 and an A8 (D3) with VIM tools, no other boxes required
The A4 does not have the same MMI system as the A6.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that, the tools I have are different, but they prefrom the same function, that is unlocking the setting from 5 to 250 for unlimited speed option.

I have both tools A3/A4 RNS-E and A6/A8 MMI

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello !

Can any of you interesting people tell me if the KUFATEC GmbH - TV Freischalter "personal" Audi A6 4F, A8 4E, Q7 4L 33985, can be used to any MMI system.

My dealer told me that I would need a box that cost €460/£350 to receive TV signal. My car is a Audi 2.0 TDI Avant S-line from 2006 with the big navigation and MMI system. The antenna for TV signals is installed in the rear of the car.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing that the unlock tool does is enable the screen to stay on above 5kph.

So your dealer is correct, you do need hardware and to be honest the TV tuner is £1200 from Audi and around £600 second hand for the digital hybrid tv tuner.

And your car will not have Antennas for TV, they may be in the glass, but your antenna module will not have the TV option.

Also unless your car has a rear camera fitted, you will also need a new front controller module for your A6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two questions.
1) How can the in-motion activation be done for a 2004 A8
2) Anyone know of what kits are available for when the analogue TV signal stops being broadcast in the UK next year ?
ie a digital TV tuner

Thanks
Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts