Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys . an intro :- as my title ( spain-boy ) suggests , I am largely based in Spain .

I need to upgrade my transport , and to this end will be purchasing in the next few days a Nov 2015 A3 sportback 2.0tdi .
Because I spend a lot of time on the Europe mainland , I will be buying a " left hooker " from Germany and British registering it .
Germans generally look after their cars better than sadly some Brits tend to do .
Forget buying Spanish as they never look after cars . They buy them new , keep them forever and run them into the ground .

I am seeking some guidance from you guys to help me understand some engine tech stuff .
As mad as this sounds its true , the guy selling the car for his mother in law ( yep I know - and I have verified this as correct )
transpires he runs his own business of German supply of tuning kit .
The mother in law's car is sadly a stock engine , but this guy says he can supply me ( at mates rates ) when I collect the car with some new kit to take it :-
from 150 HP / 340NM to 190HP / 410NM ( inc. K&N filter ) .
He knows with this it will pass the German TUV , but does not know if the MOT has different standards .
So the question is ................. can anyone tell me if it passes a TUV will also pass an MOT ?
Can you tell me what MOT emissions etc values , CO2 are required ?
any other relevant info that could cause an MOT failure ?

All advice welcome , and Thanks .

Spain-boy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello again its Spain-boy . Been trawling through some of the forums postings , and now thinking that maybe I am in the wrong place .
Can anyone give me a steer , or just say " Hi "

1 - 2 of 2 Posts