Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one help,

I have had my Audi 80 TDI for some time now and it seems that when i push the car above 2500RPM ish the turbo starts to pulse restricting the acceleration, at first i thought it was because the car ran cold due to a faulty Stat, so replaced the stat and the car now runs at normal 90 degrees, this has given the car more power but still the pulse.

I have checked all pipes for a air leak, have disconected the air flow meter and found that the turbo won't engage at all, i think this suggests that the meter is working ok, i have had the car plugged in to VAG - COM and no fault codes where found, and when i brought the car i gave it a full service so i know the oil and air filter are in good order, other than this problem the car is in very good order as it has been a labour of love getting the car back to the standard i require for the miles i do.

As i live in the real world i dont have a bottom less pocket so cant afford Audi workshop prices, so any help anyone can give would be very much apperciated. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There,

It sounds like it's either your Pressure boost Valve /solenoid gone kaputt or checkand replace the hoses for leaks i.e. connecting the turbo to the pressure boost valve - try fitting a new ones or use small jubelee clips!.

See attached URL, for similar problem:

http://www.bba-reman.com/auto-mine/problem...%20high%20speed

I suggest trying to clean the prssure boost solonoid with white spirit first and leaving to dry out before re-fitting - It could be just a bad contact or dirt build up?. However, if it was me, i will just fit a new solonoid just in case.

Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts